It is not uncommon for social media companies to try to compete and often copy innovations. Regardless of that, there is something unique about each of them, especially when it comes to demographics.
Spontaneous people and those who live in the moment love Snapchat. Stickers, lenses, filters, and music make Snaps and Stories so much more fun. But can you add music to an already recorded video and make it more interesting? Yes you can. But you will need a little help.
Add Music to Snapchat on Android Phone
If the video you want to share on Snapchat Story seems to be missing a soundtrack, don’t worry because you can fix it. If you are an Android user, you can download an app called VidTrim from the Play Store and use it to add music to your video. Once you’ve installed it on your phone, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the VidTrim app and select the video you want to enhance with music.
- Tap “Get Access” to allow VidTrim to view and edit your videos. You’ll see a list of all the videos on your camera roll.
- Select the video you want.
- Select the “Transcode” option. You can choose to change the size and quality of your video.
- Next to “Keep original audio”, uncheck the box. This action will remove all audio.
- Select “External Audio”. This way you can access the music stored on your phone.
- Select the music, then select the Transcoder icon on the screen.
- Select “Play” to check how the video and audio mix.
- Select the back arrow. Go to Gallery and share the video.
VidTrim app lets you add music to your videos, but it also lets you trim videos, merge them and save them in MP3 format. It also lets you do other types of fun and useful editing.
Add Music to Snapchat on iPhone
How about all the iPhone users who want to send their music-infused Snapchat videos to their friends? Just like Android users, iPhone owners will need a little help from a third-party app.
iPhone users can search iMovie app on App Store. The application has been around for a long time and has proven to be very useful and convenient. Here’s how to add music from your iPhone storage to a video:
- Open the iMovie app and start a new video project.
- Press “+”, then select “Audio”, then “My music”.
- Select a song from the list, then press “+”.
- You will see the available music files on the green line of the Edit screen. Choose the song you want to add.
- When you add the file, select “Done”.
Unfortunately, you cannot use Spotify or YouTube to add music through iMovie. However, there is a workaround for this. You must download the song to your device before you can add it to an iMovie project.
However, you can also add sound effects in iMovie. A good combination of sound effects can serve as the perfect audio background for a Snapchat story. Here is what you need to do:
- Start a new project in iMovie.
- Select “Edit”, then scroll to the video you want to edit. Place the vertical white line where you want to add the sound effect.
- Select “+”, then “Audio”, followed by “Sound Effects”.
- Try out several sound effects and when you find the one you like, hit the “+” button. iMovie will add the sound effect to your video.
- Once you are satisfied with the result, select “Done”.
Upload recorded videos to Snapchat
Video editing apps for Android and iOS smartphones are a great way to up your Snapchat game. They are easy to use and intuitive. Both will allow you to save the video with added sound to your phone and then upload it to Snapchat. A great way to do this is to use the “Memories” function. Follow these steps:
- Launch Snapchat on your phone.
- Select the image icon on the screen.
- Select “Camera Roll” and find the video you prepared for Snapchat.
- Select the three dots icon, then select “Send Photo” to upload.
Add music to Snapchat while recording
Snapchat tries to accommodate its users as much as possible. A recent Snapchat update allowed users to add music to their videos while they record their videos. It was the missing piece according to many Snapchat users who pressed the company to deliver. This greatly simplifies the whole process of adding audio to your Snaps. Here it is for you to do:
- Open Spotify, Pandora or any other music app on your phone. Make sure the sound is not too quiet or too loud.
- Now open Snapchat and start recording your video message.
- Pause the music and check the Snap video result.
If everything is as you imagined, send the video to your friends or publish it in a Story.
Music makes everything better
Most people can relate to this statement. This is undoubtedly true for Snapchat and other social media platforms. And the combination of audio and video opens up a lot of room for creativity.
Let us know what you think about adding music to Snapchat in the comments section below.