Harry Potter fans, rejoice! New HP filters on Instagram are all the rage now. If you’re a fan of the Harry Potter universe, you probably want a filter like this.
In fact, there are two HP filters. One is like Harry Potter’s Sorting Hat, which tells you which wizarding house you belong to. The other is a simple HP character comparator for the HP universe. Read on to find out how to get these great filters.
HP filters on IG
The Harry Potter filters that keep popping up on Instagram these days are a creation of Arno Partissimo, a talented filter designer and photographer. Interestingly enough, he is also the creator of the Disney filter. Both of these filters have gone viral and given Arno the influence he deserves.
The person behind the other popular Instagram filter is Julia Roga, another filter creator, who is also very popular on this social platform. Unlike Mr. Arno’s sorting hat type filter, his filter is a classic “what character are you” type of filter.
You can be one of many beloved characters using this filter, including Harry himself, the giant with a heart of gold, Hagrid, the eccentric Luna Lovegood, or everyone’s favorite elf, Dobby, and many others.
How to get them
You’ve probably seen some of these filters on your friends’ profiles recently. To be specific, you may have seen stories from your friends featuring the HP filters themselves. You can actually retrieve the filters this way, and it’s the easiest method. Follow the steps to get them from your friends:
- Log in to your IG account. Preferably use the latest version of the mobile application for Android or iOS instead of the browser version of Instagram which is very limited.
- Find a friend who shared the Harry Potter filter in their story.
- Select the filter for the story (its name should be at the top of the window when viewing the story). Just tap it, it will say Harry Potter on Julia’s filter and What a Wizard’s House on Arno’s filter.
- When you select the filter, you will have the option to test it immediately, send it to friends or save it.
- Tap Save Effect and the filter will be added to your Instagram story filters (it should be marked as saved under the filter).
- The next time you start creating a story on IG, you can use the selected HP filter. Enjoy!
There are two more ways to get those cool Harry Potter filters. One of the ways is to ask your friends to send you the filter on Instagram. You guessed it, they should select the Send To option from the menu described above and select your IG profile. After that, here’s what you need to do:
- You should see the message they sent you, next to the filter, in your direct messages. Open the chat with your friend.
- Tap the Filter photo.
- Choose Save and it will automatically be added to your story filters.
- Again, you can tap Try to see how the filter looks without saving.
Get Arno and Julia’s filters
The other alternative way to get these excellent filters is to grab them from the official IG accounts of their creators. It’s also quite simple, just follow these steps:
- Login to Instagram.
- Search Arno Partissimo or Julia Roga on Instagram using the search function.
- Follow Arno or Julia. Then you’ll see their filters, and the Harry Potter filters should be there.
- Tap the filter you like and select the Save option to keep it in your selection of story filters.
What HP character are you?
That’s it, everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading and had no trouble getting these amazing Harry Potter filters on IG. The last method is actually the most reliable because you can do it yourself, without the help of your friends.
What is your wizard house? Let’s hope it’s not Slytherin (who am I kidding? Slytherin is the coolest in my book). And the character filter? Who is your favorite HP character? Feel free to join the Harry Potter discussion in the comments section below.