Linking Instagram and Facebook is a quick and convenient way to share your posts on both accounts at once. This ensures that those you know who aren’t on Instagram are also updated. Connecting to Facebook Pages gives you the ability to keep members of those Pages informed without having to post a separate post.
In this article, we will show you how to link your Instagram account to your Facebook page so that your posts are shared on both platforms.
Link Facebook to Instagram
Linking Facebook and Instagram is a straightforward process, as both platforms are owned by the same company and share data between them. To get started, sign in to both accounts, then follow these steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile page by tapping on the small profile icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Tap Settings which is at the bottom of the menu.
- Tap Account.
- Choose Linked Accounts from the menu.
- Tap Facebook. If you are not yet logged into Facebook, you will be prompted to do so here.
- Once logged in, you will be offered several options. By default, Facebook shares your posts on your Facebook profile. To change this to a Facebook page you manage, choose that page from the Share to menu.
- You can also share all the stories you automatically post to Facebook by enabling the switch next to the option.
- There’s also a switch to share any posts you automatically post to Facebook.
- You can Unlink your account by accessing this page again and choosing Unlink from the options.
If you can’t find the name of the Facebook Page you want to share with, make sure you have admin privileges on the Page. You can share to your Facebook profile without restrictions, but you can only share Instagram posts to a Page that you admin. To check if you have administrator privileges, follow these steps:
- If you’re using the new Facebook Appearance theme:
1. Open the Facebook page you want to link.
2. Open page settings by clicking the cog icon at the bottom left of the page.
3. Click Page Roles in the left menu to display a list of users and their respective roles.
- If you’re using the classic Facebook theme:
1. Open your Facebook page.
2. Click Settings located in the upper right corner of the page.
3. Choose Page Roles from the left menu.
From here, you can see if you have admin privileges and, if you do, grant admin privileges to other users as well. The creator of a page has administrator privileges by default.
Link multiple Instagram accounts to Facebook page
You can link multiple Instagram accounts to your Facebook page, and you don’t need to log out of Instagram to switch between these accounts. To do so, follow these steps:
- On Instagram, go to your profile page by clicking the profile icon in the bottom right.
- Tap your profile name in the top left of the screen and choose Add Account.
- You can also tap the menu in the top right and choose Settings, then scroll down the menu and tap Add account.
- You will have the choice of creating a new account or logging into an existing account.
- Create a new account or enter login information for an existing account.
- When done, click Login.
To switch between connected accounts without logging out of Instagram, return to your profile page, tap your profile name in the top left, and choose the account you want to connect to. You can link each account to your Facebook page by following the instructions given above.
Link Facebook Page to Instagram Business (100)
You can also link Facebook pages to your Instagram business account. Instagram Business offers several other features that personal Instagram accounts do not have. If you want to learn more about Instagram’s business features, head over to the help page. If you already have an Instagram Business account and want to connect it to Facebook, follow the instructions below:
- Go to your Instagram business profile page.
- Tap Edit profile.
- Find public business information and tap the page.
- You will receive a list of Facebook Pages that you have on your Facebook account that you may wish to connect to. Choose the one you want to link. Alternatively, you have the option of creating a new page.
As with personal Instagram accounts, you must be an admin of the Page you want your Instagram Business account to link to. If the Facebook page you’re looking for isn’t listed, check if you have administrator privileges.
Share interesting events with everyone
Sharing your pictures on Instagram is a quick way to show your friends, family, and fans all the cool things happening in your life. However, not everyone uses Instagram, so connecting your account to Facebook ensures that those who follow you don’t miss a thing.
Do you know any other ways to link your Instagram account to your Facebook page? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.