There is no doubt, Tinder is the best matchmaking app in the world. It also has the largest user base, which can be both a blessing and a curse. There are just too many people on Tinder, and you are often matched up with rude, annoying, or unattractive people.
If you’re fed up and want to beat everyone on Tinder, here are your options. You can either manually unlink one person at a time until you’re done, or start over. The latter seems like a better option. Read on to find out how to do it.
Unmatched on Tinder
You can easily set yourself apart from someone on Tinder. If it is one or more people, it makes sense to ungroup them individually. In our book, it makes sense if you want to beat up to thirty people and more.
If this number is higher, it is easier to delete your Tinder account and start over. Follow the steps to unlink people individually on Tinder:
- Log in to your Tinder account on iOS or Android.
- Open the chat with the person you want to unlink. Select the ellipsis button if you’re on Android or the flag button if you’re on iOS.
- Tap Unmatch in the top right corner of your screen.
You should know that non-matching is instantaneous and permanent. They will disappear from your match list and vice versa.
How to report your Tinder match
You can also report your Tinder match if it’s troublesome. Follow these steps:
- Open Tinder on your iOS or Android device.
- Open the list of matches and find the match you want to report.
- Hit the ellipses or the flag button, depending on your platform.
- Tap Report in the top right corner and choose a reason you’re reporting them. If you select Other reason, briefly explain why you are reporting them.
Reporting also removes that person from your match list and vice versa. It’s also a permanent deal – once it’s done, it’s done.
How to reset your Tinder account
We recommend deleting your Tinder account completely if you want to stand out from everyone else. It’s much easier than manually deleting each person, especially if you’re the talkative type. Don’t worry, you can easily create a new account without any repercussions.
Tinder reset via mobile
Most people don’t link their Tinder account, which is probably a smart move. If you used your phone number to set up Tinder, here’s how you can reset it and start fresh:
- Open Tinder on your device.
- Select Settings and scroll down until you see Delete Account. Tap this option.
- Confirm the prompt.
- Delete the Tinder app from your device.
- Go to your device’s app store and install the latest version of Tinder. If you had a premium Tinder subscription, you also need to use a new Apple ID or Google Play account.
- Launch Tinder and create a new account. Also, you need a new phone number (unless you feel like waiting three months).
- Voila, you can start matching new people, without having to worry about your previous matches.
Resetting Tinder through Facebook
Many people use Tinder through Facebook because it’s easier. We don’t recommend this, but to each his own. Here’s how to reset Tinder if you’re going to use Facebook to do so:
- Open Tinder and select Settings.
- Scroll down until you find Delete Account and select it. Confirm that you want to delete it.
- Delete the Tinder app from your device.
- Log in to your Facebook account (the one linked to Tinder).
- Go to Settings and choose Apps & Websites.
- Tap Connected with Facebook and choose Tinder.
- Scroll down and click Remove App. Confirm the prompt.
- Create a new Facebook account using another email address. Additionally, you will need to use a new Apple or Google Play ID if you were a premium Tinder subscriber.
- Install Tinder again from your official app store.
- Create a new Tinder account.
- Again, you will need a new phone number to confirm the verification SMS code.
Request your user data from Tinder
Here’s one last tip. If you want to double-check that the reset was successful, you can ask Tinder to send you the user data for your new account. Then you can browse the data to see if anything from your old account is there. Follow the steps to apply:
- Visit the official Tinder data site.
- Log in with your credentials, via mobile or Facebook.
- Enter your e-mail adress.
- They will send you a download link for your data after several days.
A new start
Everyone needs a clean slate from time to time. Tinder is really good, but sometimes it can be a bit too much. Resetting your account is usually easier than manually unlinking each person. Feel free to report any abusive or rude users on Tinder.
That’s it, good luck for your new matches! If you want to share your experiences, feel free to do so in the comments section below.