Some avoid sharing photos and videos through Facebook because the platform turns your HD media to SD by default. And the difference between high definition and standard definition videos and images is quite noticeable.
Facebook says it wants to safeguard its users’ mobile data, and that’s the reason for the average video quality.
Keep reading and find out how to download HD videos and photos from Facebook on all platforms. It’s true; downloading HD content on the mobile version of the application is also possible.
How to Download HD Video to Computer
The desktop version of Facebook is fantastic in many ways, including high-quality content downloads. Your internet speed on the computer is far superior to that of the mobile network in most cases, due to the cable connection.
Follow the steps to upload HD content to Facebook from your computer:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click the What do you think field at the top of the Facebook home screen.
- Select News Feed or Your Story.
- Select Photo/Video.
- Browse your computer’s library and find the HD video you want to download. Select it and click Open.
- Wait for the video to load and click Publish.
How to Download HD Video on iOS Devices
The Facebook app for iOS is slightly different from its Android counterpart. Therefore, we will explain the process for both platforms. Follow the steps to download HD videos to your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Select the hamburger icon at the bottom right of your screen (three horizontal lines).
- Choose Settings and privacy (gear icon).
- Select Settings.
- Choose Media & Contacts, followed by Videos & Photos.
- Enable the Download HD option under the Video Settings tab. You can do the same for photo settings if you want.
Now that you have enabled Facebook HD video uploads for your iOS device, you can post them freely. Note that it is best to have your Wi-Fi enabled and save mobile data. You can now post in HD to Facebook the same way you post all content.
How to Download HD Video on Android Devices
Here’s how to download HD videos from Facebook on Android tablets and phones:
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android.
- Sign into your account.
- Select the hamburger icon at the top of your screen.
- Select Settings and privacy.
- Next, tap on Settings.
- Then choose Media and Contacts.
- Finally, enable Download video in HD.
That’s it. Now you can post HD videos freely from your Android device.
If you use Facebook, chances are you also have WhatsApp. Did you know that WhatsApp preserves video and photo quality? Facebook also owns WhatsApp, but for some reason its image quality is much better than Facebook.
Click on the link provided above, download WhatsApp and enjoy seamless downloading of HD videos and photos. You can share your high quality videos with whoever you want, be it one person or a wider circle of friends.
In the end, the choice is yours
Facebook turns HD content into SD by default. However, it is to save your mobile data. Luckily, you can easily change that, including using our tips in this article.
How to upload your content to Facebook, in SD or HD? Or do you share your high quality videos with your friends via other platforms? Let us know in the comments section below.