Since its launch in 2009, WhatsApp has gradually added features to the platform. In fact, users have become accustomed to getting something new with every update. There are a lot of things you can do with WhatsApp when it comes to chats and group chats.
You can reply to a specific message or mention someone in the group. And you can also add stars to posts you want to find later. It’s easy to star posts, and if you’re worried about finding them later, don’t worry. We have what you need. This article will show you where to find them.
Find starred messages
If you are an avid WhatsApp user, your WhatsApp conversations can probably scroll for a very long time. Even if you change your phone, WhatsApp saves your data so that your conversations remain saved. Therefore, starring a message that you want to come back to later is an incredibly useful tool in WhatsApp.
Let’s say someone forwarded an email address you needed and you saved it so you can come back to it later. But hundreds of messages were sent after that, so how are you supposed to find them? All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the conversation you want.
- Tap your contact’s name at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on “Favorite Messages”.
- To search for a specific starred message, tap the search function (magnifying glass icon).
- Type what you are looking for. If you can’t remember everything, start typing the words you remember and WhatsApp will automatically analyze the chat as you type.
If you have too many starred messages and aren’t sure how to find the one you’re looking for, your best bet is to simply scroll and search by date. You’re even more likely to find the tracked message this way, than by browsing through the entire conversation.
Star and unstar WhatsApp messages
Finding the followed message is clearly not a complicated thing to do, but how do you start a WhatsApp message in the first place? And what are the main reasons why people use this option? As mentioned, starring a post can serve as a reminder. If you have no other way to identify information, you can come back to it effortlessly.
It’s on the practical side of things. However, people also post their messages in WhatsApp for sentimental reasons. Sometimes you don’t want a particularly charming message to get lost in the sea of other, more trivial messages. So, you launch it, only to go back and ruminate on it at a later date. You can also deselect the message if the information or content of the message is no longer valid. Here’s how:
- Open WhatsApp, then open a conversation.
- Tap the post you want to star and hold.
- When the message is highlighted, tap the star icon at the top of the screen.
Now, when you search for followed messages, this message will also be there. When you’re ready to remove it from the favorites list, the process is very similar:
- Open the conversation and tap the contact’s name.
- Select “Favorite Messages” and find the message you want to remove from the list.
- Press and hold until the message is highlighted. Then tap on the star-shaped icon which has a line running through the middle.
Once done, the message will no longer appear in the followed messages section of your contact’s profile.
Find media, links and documents
A big part of why WhatsApp is so widely used is that you can use it to send photos, videos, gifs, links, and all kinds of documents. All of these can also be tracked and then placed on the favorites list. But you can also search for photos, videos, documents, and links that you’ve shared with each recipient. And then mark or delete them. Here’s where to find them:
- Open WhatsApp and a specific conversation.
- Just below the recipient’s name and profile picture, you’ll see “Media, Links, and Documents.”
- Tap on it, then you will see three categories of Exchange Media, Links, and Documents.
- Switch between each to scroll and find what you’re looking for.
You can long press on a specific link, photo or document to view or delete it. You can also forward each item or copy and paste it elsewhere.
Finding All WhatsApp Stars
That feeling you get when you know the information you need is there, but you just can’t find it, can be quite frustrating. With just a few clicks on the screen, starring messages can save you a lot of trouble.
And it’s also human nature to quickly forget good things, and remembering a message of encouragement from a friend can help if you toss it when you receive it. It’s always easy to go back and read it again.
Let us know what you think of WhatsApp tracked messages in the comments section below.